Friday, June 25, 2010

home - homesick - sick

EOP exam for medicine is just around the corner…

while I’m preparing my exam

suddenly, become homesick! huhu..

almost 3weeks, I didn’t go back home

huhu..so sad..

what to do..exam maa~

homesick??

Why?? ha…


Yesterday, I went to the paediatric’s ward

while clerking my patient

I saw a young Indian boy around 12 year old

acting like a baby on his bed

hyperactive and playing ‘chak2’ with his mom

I wonder why he was like that

some kind of developmental delay…

hmm…then my friend told me

he has tuberous sclerosis

………………………….......................

recall my paeds knowledge

ah..sounds familiar..but what is that??


Basically…

it is an autosomal dominant disorder,

a neurocutaneous disease,

he has adenoma sebaceum

in butterfly distribution on his face,

developmental disorder,

and epilepsy…


adenoma sebaceum


Then we decided to clerk the patient

the patient was just active like before

after 5 minutes, clerking his mom…

so we knew this young boy admitted

because of seizure attack

all of a sudden, he became quiet

and didn’t moved at all

his mother shocked and said he got the attack


Then we called the doctors

they rushed to his bed

and I saw typical features of fit

drooling of saliva,

uprolling eyeball,

stiffness and jerking movement (tonic clonic)

involving only his right upper and lower limbs

he was arousable (LOC)

not responding to her mom...


All the doctors keep holding him

and medicine given rectally

then after about 3 minutes, the fit stop

he started to felt drowsy and irritable

he was very strong until 4 doctors need to hold him

then the doctors tied him at the bed


1st time in my life

witnessed a fit patient

[@_@] kind of lucky to saw everything

but pity his mom

really2 care to him

called his name few times

tried to make him awake

kiss and hold him tightly

such a great mom

take care of a special child like him.


Ha…dats why la I keep thinking of my mom

I’m a healthy and cute daughter

no chronic illness…

my mom really takes a good care of me

eventhough she always keep nagging

very energetic, sometime fierce

yet..still a lovely mom

SITI MARIAM BT HJ KECHIK is the best mom ever!!!!


That’s why la I’m home now!!!!!

Haha…really miss my mom…

Ha..eventhough mothers day had past by

And my moms birthday last week on 16th june

I would like to take this opportunity

To wish my mom

HAPPY MOTHER’s DAY, and

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MOM!!!!


[LOC : loss of conciousness]

1 comment:

  1. I also luv my mom Pn.Hanapiah Bt Abul Hassan the best mother n the best sister that ur father have....hihihihihi

    ReplyDelete